
My house mate Eli got a call from the prom committee at an all-girl Catholic school called Holy Names. This was ripe for comedy and the rest of the house (myself included) gave him crap in the days leading up to the prom. Eli's DJ names is Jewbacca and (much to his horror) he gets hit on by teenaged girls all the time. He had asked a friend to help him DJ the event, I told him in passing that if he needed anyone else for some reason, that he should give me a call.
Me, Rachel and my house mate Benji were at Guitar Center the evening of the prom when Eli called Benj's phone. Benji handed it to me as I was playing a sweet digital drum set.
Eli: "Hey, way to not pick up yr phone. Can you still help me tonight?"
Me: "I'll be there by 9pm."
Eli: "Are you gunna wear a dress and look all formal?"
Me: "Hells yes I am!"
I put on the dress I bought for my dads wedding (before I knew I would be in it) and walked downtown to the Fairview. When I came through the archways to where the table of teachers and administrators were sitting, they all looked me up and down.
A woman in a flower pastel skirt and a pink blazer turned to me, "Oh, look what youve done to yourself!"
What do you say to that?
What did I say to that?
"Where's the DJ?"
We had a blast. I drank 4 sprites and ate tons of fruit and veggies from the buffet table.
Apparently every time I left to use the restroom young girls would circle Eli, baby vulchers.
Queen was bood, he forgot to bring Justice, someone requested the Vanga Boys and everyone wanted to hear "superman that ho" and "lollipop".
No comments:
Post a Comment