
My birthday weekend was great. I took three days off in a row. The birthday party itself was a slumber party. We made a fort and watched Tremors 1 & 2. A few of my future room mates came to the party. They are all really rad and I am excited to start living their this May. We woke up and went to this great vegan resteraunt called Squid & Ink. I got the fish sammich, I wanted what Aaron got, I forget what its called right now. It had fake ham and fake cottage cheese and was a sandwich. Can I get some help on the name of that? All i can think of is "jules mays" but I know thats wrong because theres a bar with that name and who wants to name a bar after a sandwich, even a delicious one?
So then the next day I went and volunteered at a Sidecar For Pigs Peace book signing. The author Frances Moore Lappe was supposed to come and sign copies of her very famous books on veganism. We waited for three hours and she didnt show. The sun was shining and it was 70 degrees (its been raining and 50 degrees) and we were all stuck inside waiting for an author who didnt even show up. That was frustrating.


My day continued and I went over to Wil and Sarine's house. Wil is christian and Sarine is muslim. their faith in god had a big part in their decision to call their house the ark. They have music shows there and host other diy events. (It flooded recently, which is pretty funny. Not so funny when no one helps clean up the mess as a party rages around those of us cleaning up.) Wil was wearing one feather earring. He looked quite stylish. That is Sarine, and she is also quite stylish in her beaded hat. My father might call it a "lid" as that is the name of the store that he buys his special "giant-head" hats. Ill have to ask him this the next time we talk.
So this dark picture is of the people watching "The Legend of Bill

ie Jean" which we sceened at the Vera Project. The event was very successful, and the movie was great. Its about a teenage girl empowering herself and acting as a catalyst for the empowerment of other young people. Oh yeah and did I mention Christian Slater is in it?
We screened the movie (which was free) and sold snacks to raise money for Okay?Okay! (see past blog for link and info)
1 comment:
Hmmm...fake ham and fake cottage cheese. Does it really take fake?
I've been dairyless for almost two weeks. I can say that I'm surviving, barely! I tried rice milk for the first time today ---not bad, not bad at all. It made me think of you when I was going up and down the aisles of Sprouts. There are lots of vegan foods available there.
I LOVE the pictures - please keep em' coming!
:0)
Post a Comment